Thank you for your interest in becoming a NAMI Marion volunteer.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much – Helen Keller
Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering with NAMI MARION COUNTY. We are looking for talented individuals who believe in our mission, are willing to learn more, and share our values of collaboration, compassion, dignity and respect. This is not a comprehensive list. We have many more opportunities available!
✓ Committee Leaders – Be informed about NAMI MARION COUNTY Strategic Plan and annual priorities. Work collaboratively with staff and other volunteers to achieve the committee’s goals and objectives. Participate actively and constructively in all committee meetings. Committees include:
- Community Outreach
- Marketing/Public Relations
✓ Community Outreach Ambassador – Attend events and resource fairs. Greet and
engage people who approach our table. Pass out literature and answer basic questions or redirect to where more information can be found.
- Be a “friend” in the NAMI in the Lobby program and provide information and resources to people in the Adult Outpatient Departments at The Centers and The Vines Hospital.
- Assist in FaithNet program by distributing information and answering questions at FreeD.O.M. Clinics at area churches.
- Participate in Speakers’ Bureau informing community clubs and organizations about the services and resources available from NAMI Marion County.
✓ Fundraising – Assist the Development Committee in seeking in-kind donations, write
sponsorship proposals, collaborate to build partnerships with other community organizations. Deliver organized and persuasive presentations.
- Grant Writer – This is a sub-committee of the Development/Fundraising Committee to generate revenues by helping our Executive Director write well researched grant proposals to foundations and other potential funders. Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations. Establish and maintain positive relationships with program officers.
✓ Marketing/Public Relations – Work with Marketing/Public Relations Committee preparing marketing and advertising plans and strategies to support different programs. Design and print event posters, brochures, promotional cards, or other projects. Build relationships with community leaders and other organizations.
- Social Media Specialist – Work with Marketing/Public Relations Committee to maintain social media pages. Generate, edit, and publish daily content to build meaningful connections, and encourage community members to take action.
- Web Design and Support – Liaise with Web Design Coordinator to design website functionality, categorize and funnel content. Upgrade site by updating content and graphics, introducing new technology, and maintaining links. Participate in efforts to improve the quality of our website and other electronic publications as needed. Assist office staff with technology-related tasks.
- Special Events – Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations. Work with the Marketing/Public Relations Committee to plan, organize, and implement successful community sponsored activities. Propose ideas to improve the quality of an event. Facilitate events including physical set up.
✓ Office Assistant – Answer phone, respond to specific inquiries by mail, prepare
mailings, data entry, maintain membership information.
✓ NAMI Advocate – Advising and coordinating with the Advocacy Committee. Assist with
addressing legislative issues and social concerns regarding mental illness and advocate for NAMI with local, state and national legislative agencies.